Captive Audio is looking for bright, motivated individuals to join our growing Service Department in the great city of Austin, TX. As a Service Technician, the candidate will be working individually and in teams troubleshooting,diagnosing, installing and repairing A/V, Network, and Automation systems in residential applications. 2-5 years’ experience installing, configuring,servicing Whole House Audio/Video, Home Theaters and Network Systems is required. The candidate should possess good time management skills and be able to diagnose and resolve issues in a timely manner. A successful candidate maintains a professional and presentable appearance and is capable of interfacing with clients.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental,and vision insurance as well as a retirement plan. All employees receive quarterly profit sharing and opportunities to grow within the company.
- Perform scheduled service calls
- Diagnose problems onsite and resolve issue or provide plan for a solution
- Install replacement or new products
- Manage time efficiently and effectively to stay on schedule
- Communicate to the Service Manager detailed information about the service call once completed
- Provide feedback to determine improvements needed in installation process.
- 2-5 years’experience installing, configuring, servicing Whole House Audio/Video, Home Theaters and Network Systems
- Problem solving and trouble-shooting skills;creative thinking
- In-depth understanding of networking and how to troubleshoot connections and configuration problems
- Able to read and interpret technical documents
- Able to climb stairs, ladders and work safely at heights
- Able to lift 75 pounds
- Must be able to work independently, as well as within a team
- Strong organization and time management skills with an ability to understand priorities and work efficiently with little supervision
- Must be mechanically inclined – Have your own tools and able to handle and properly use common power and hand tools
- High-level of customer interaction – customer service experience a plus
- Willing to work overtime as needed, including remotely supporting systems.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to learn and grow with the company
- Neat and professional appearance
- Knowledge in Lutron, Crestron, or URC programming a plus
- Experience terminating fiber optic cabling is a plus
- Must be able to travel within the branch territory and/or regional territory as needed.
- Must have a clean driving record
- Must be able to pass required background check and drug test
- Top compensation based upon knowledge and experience
- Paid holidays and earned vacation time
- Healthcare,vision, and dental insurance
- Simple IRA retirement program
- Quarterly profit sharing
- Company vehicle
- Company phone and computer
ABOUT CAPTIVE AUDIO
Captive Audio has been the leader in high-end audio/video, lighting control and home automation in Central Texas since its inception in 1994. Our mission is to create and install completely customized technology systems that fit each client’s unique style and desires.
One aspect that sets our company apart is our Service Department. Recognizing the importance of service to our clientele,we assembled our Service Department to continue providing the unparalleled customer experience our clients received during the project. Our Service team serves as the face of Captive Audio after project completion and assists clients with anything they may need in regards to home technology.