Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Objective: General Managers are tasked with overseeing daily business activities, improving overall business functions, training heads of departments, managing budgets, developing strategic plans, creating policies, and communicating business goals
Summary of Position:
BRAVAS’ General Managers are senior executives with P&L responsibility for their Districts (a group of geographically contiguous BRAVAS offices). General Managers primary focus is to drive revenue to meet goals and quotas. General Managers report to the COO and collaborate with other General Managers to share resources and technical services.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- General Management: Ensures coordination between all departments within the District (Sales, Administration, Technical Services, Project Management, Production, and Client Services) so as to profitably provide an exceptional client experience.
- Operational Oversight and Authority: Ensures that all project and service activities are managed in accordance with BRAVAS’s established processes and policies. Intercedes with active involvement to manage and resolve client issues requiring a senior executive.
- Employee Management: Regularly evaluates the skills, abilities, and performance of District staff members and ensures that necessary training and recruitment occur to meet the staffing and skill demands of the district.
- Ensures the frequent assessment of technical services needs and capacities within the District so as to make the District a positive contributor the Company’s Shared Technical Resources system.
- Planning & Budgeting: Creates regular plans and forecasts for business activity and financial performance.
- Facility Management: Ensures that company property and facilities assigned to the District are managed and maintained to support the District’s operational levels.
Applicants should have a minimum of five years’ experience managing project-oriented businesses like electronic system integration, construction, or engineering. Additional skills and abilities include:
- Comprehension of construction contracts including fee basis (fixed fee, time & materials, etc.), billing mechanics, and operational requirements
- Comfortable resolving conflicts between clients, partners, and internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated skill in leading teams in a multi-faceted, fast-paced environment
- Strong management and organizational skills
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Advanced computer skills
- Basic abilities in financial analysis and planning, including budget development and income statement review
- Technical aptitude and attention to detail are paramount
- Flexibility to meet customer demands outside of normal working hours
- May require standing or sitting for extended periods
- Valid in-state driver's license, clean driving record, and criminal background
*A job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.