The Director of Marketing Communications is responsible for developing and implementing the long-term marketing communication vision for the Russound brand, which promotes its unique position in the audio market.
Responsibilities include the planning, development, and implementation of all external marketing communications programs including print and online materials, social media and website, advertising, POP materials, and trade shows, with a focus on brand management, guidance and thought leadership, that supports the overall marketing strategy and budget.
Directs the efforts of the marketing communications staff and coordinates at both strategic and tactical levels with the other functions of the Russound team and key stakeholders to ensure brand, message, positioning and communications are cohesive and support the overall brand and growth strategy.
- Reflect, articulate, and promote the mission, vision and brand identity; ensure all internal and external communications adhere to brand standards
- Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of a comprehensive communications strategy that will enhance the Russound brand image, reputation and position within the marketplace
- Guide and oversee the creation of product technical documentation and product marketing resources to support a distributor and dealer network
- Responsible for the development and execution of the product launches, promotional campaigns, brand development effort, social media outreach, advertising, etc and ensures alignment of all messaging
- Manage the strategic and creative design marketing communications activities and materials including advertising, website, social media, video production, live and virtual events, and client presentations
- Implement and maintain a corporate branding guide
- Facilitate the management and maintenance of integrated marketing communications resources, including digital capability tools, content management systems, etc.
- Coordinates media interest and ensures regular contact with target media, editorial boards, product reviews, and press
- Conduct relevant market research to measure brand reputation, monitor trends and adjusts the brand strategy as appropriate; use this market information to operate with initiative and innovation.
- Align corporate marketing initiatives
- Ensure consistent and cost-effective execution of marketing tactics and brand adherence in both US and worldwide markets
- Lead special projects as assigned, including special events
Planning, Budgeting Measurement and Reporting
- Responsible for the achievement of goals and financial objectives. Ensure that evaluation systems, including benchmarks, are in place related to assigned goals and objectives and report progress to the key stakeholders
- Coordinate with CEO for annual operating plan (AOP) and marketing program budget allocation, in alignment with revenue targets and new business sales targets. Manage and adhere to annual operating budget
- Develop short- and long-term plans and budgets for programs and activities, monitors progress, assures adherence and evaluates performance to budget and KPIs
- Develop, implement and monitor systems and procedures necessary to optimize the operation of the marketing communications function
- Lead a team to develop brand, event, social strategies and tactical execution plans using a best-practices framework
- Ensure efficiency of marketing communications program development by overseeing process execution and optimization.
- Assist in the evaluation, selection and management of outside vendors that contribute to brand communications programs including management of multiple projects in a dynamic, high-pressure environment
- Define Vision, Goals and Objectives for the team.
Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or other business-related field required.
- Eight to ten years marketing experience, with at least five years in consumer electronics, or similar product-based marketing. CEDIA and/or AVIXA industry experience highly preferred.
- Proven experience translating business capabilities and complex technical information into clear, concise and compelling positioning and marketing collateral.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, matrixed environment and supporting multiple stakeholder groups simultaneously.
Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines and achieve budget.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent writing, positioning, messaging and collateral development skills.
- Ability to inspire and foster innovation, collaboration, transparency and team effectiveness.
- Ability to collaborate and influence across teams.
- Confidence and composure to advocate for the advancement of marketing initiatives.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Ability to drive functional, technical, and operational excellence.