Installation Technician – Lead will be responsible for overseeing and installing cabling, terminating and testing new construction, old construction, and retro-fit applications of Residential and Commercial job locations. The position will also require the prior planning, design, setup, and programming of audio, video, network, surveillance, and security equipment without direct supervision, to CDI specifications and local codes, while maintaining a high level of communication, follow-up, customer service, and attention to detail.
Essential Job Duties:
- 3 years of industry experience with custom AV, home automation, and network
- Computer literacy as it pertains to programming and installation needs
- Knowledge of how to properly program required equipment
- Knowledge of how to properly install and set up required equipment
- Knowledge of basic construction practices
- Read floor plans and execute accordingly
- Ability to design, layout, and cable in retrofit and new construction applications
- Ability to access, read and understand and schedule appointments
- Maintain contact with, Customers, Contractors, Job Supervisors, and other trades to ensure job completion
- Communicate with CDI scheduling team to ensure documentation of job completion or issues that arise
- Communicate with customers before, during, and after final installation to ensure every customer is always taken care of.
- Create Estimates and invoices
- Ensure all product is accounted for on current projects
- Collect payment on site
- Technician is expected to have and own all required tools for the position (Lead – required tool list)
- Follow company dress code at all times
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace environment
- Keep Fleet Vehicle Maintained, organized, and in good working order
- Keep to-do and follow up items caught up and completed at all times.
- Manage current projects to ensure deadlines and milestones are met
- 3 years of Custom AV experience
- Strong attention to customer service and follow-up skills.
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Maintain a clean Driving record and follow safe driving guidelines.
- Ability to Lift over 35 pounds on a regular basis (Less than 200 Pounds)
- Ability to execute and abide by company standards.
Budget Responsibility: No
Supervisory Responsibility: Yes