At DVAV, our biggest asset is our people, and we know that sometimes the most awesome employees don't fit the typical mold. If you are hardworking, reliable, friendly, and know the importance of fantastic customer service, you might be a fit for our team. We have developed a collaborative and lively working environment, where the best and the brightest show up to work each day ready to have fun, and employ their passion for and knowledge of technology into everything they do. This creative atmosphere helps us apply and share our skills with our clients, who seek quality, high-end audio, visual, and automation solutions.
We are committed, passionate, work hard, continue learning, and hold each other accountable. This is an environment where people thrive. We know our employees dig working here -- it's evident by our optimistic, upbeat atmosphere and the number of team members that have stuck around!
So what exactly are we looking for?
We are looking for both AV Install Technicians and Security Specialized Technicians in Scottsdale whose attitude, skills, and work ethic will embody our mission of having the most excellent reputation for helping our clients enjoy technology. Somebody who is passionate about AV/Low Voltage, whether you are the go-to expert in your home, with family and friends, at school, or church; and can always find a solution to any AV problem. Or you are just interested in working hard towards becoming that person, for the right candidate we will support those endeavors with training and a work environment to help you succeed. We take pride in our employees, who are known in the industry as customer focused problem-solvers who can get the job done.
What are your responsibilities?
• Install speakers, televisions, projectors, network equipment, automation control systems, etc.
• Rack fabrication
• Pull and terminate a variety of cables
• Ensure equipment is installed according to designated layout.
• Test and resolve equipment issues.
• Ensure equipment is safely picked up, transferred and delivered to client site.
• Maintain truck stock inventory of equipment and accessories.
• Use of hand tools.
• Use of cable management hardware, conduit, and general installation hardware.
• Retrofit and New Construction Wiring.
• Drive safely between daily projects across the Phoenix-metro area.
• Other Duties as Assigned.
Will you fit in?
• Our employees fearlessly embrace the company culture and applicants who merely want to punch in their timecards are not what we are looking for.
• You can work independently with minimal guidance, but aren't afraid to ask the right questions when you need help.
• You have strong verbal and written communication skills, and can be the face of our company to our clients.
Does experience count?
• Education: Associates degree is preferred, but not required. We take into account your experience/skill level and what you bring to the table as an individual.
• Customer Service Experience: A must! As you can see our customers are #1 and we need someone who can take care of them, and treat them as such.
• Attitude and Aptitude: Are key! We need someone who is eager to learn and comes to work ready to tackle any situation.
• AV/IT Networking: Knowledge of the industry or other trade construction exposure is preferred. However, if you haven't gotten the opportunity to gain much experience, but have a passion for the AV industry and are driven to succeed, there could still be a place for you on our team.
How Physical is this job?
• You must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time; run, walk, stoop, crawl, and climb ladders, while tolerating heights as needed
• Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 50 lbs
• Exceptional hearing and eyesight
What's in it for you?
At Desert Valley Audio Video, we know our company's success is directly correlated to the success of our employees. So it's fitting that we thrive on and encourage employee growth, both professionally and personally.
Our competitive compensation package includes:
• A competitive hourly rate (DOE).
• 401K with matching (after 1 year of employment).
• Bonus eligibility that is based off of a personal performance-based incentive plan
• A PTO & Sick Time program, along with some paid holidays
• Special gifts for significant life events, such as marriage, the birth of a child, and buying a house.
• Heavy Employee discounts on equipment
A few facts about Desert Valley Audio Video
• We’ve been around since 2011
• We’ve grown from a three man crew to over 30 employees
• We are a Control4 Pinnacle and Diamond Dealer – the largest in Arizona
• We have been on the CEPro 100 list of top integrators across America for 2017, 2018, and 2019.