The successful candidate must have the following:
1. A clean driving record and a current, valid, California drivers license.
2. Reliable transportation to/from office and/or job-site (after probationary period you will be added to Company vehicles Insurance for job transportation)
3. Detailed knowledge of residential construction including: Framing/Structure, Low Voltage, Electrical, Plumbing and HVAC
4. Detailed knowledge of interconnects of projects of all sizes
5. Detailed knowledge of the following electronic components: Home Theater, Home Automation, Distributed Audio/Video Surveillance Systems, Phone Systems, Intercom Systems and Data networks.
6. The ability to identify all the different types of cabling used in our profession as well as the standards for how cabling is terminated and placed in residential construction.
7. To be able to completely setup and program Control4 systems of all size. Tech I Certification required, Tech II certification or equivalent experience preferred.
8. Advanced trouble-shooting skills to be able to quickly and logically troubleshoot any technical problems.
9. Good written and verbal communication skills
10. Good references from former employers
11. To be able to lift at least 50 lbs, work on a ladder at least 8ft tall, and work in confined spaces (attics, crawlspaces, wiring chases).
10. Your own set of hand-tools and some basic power tools (i.e., cordless drill)
11. Ability to program the following Control4 components using Composer: CA10, EA5, EA3, EA1, CA1, HC800, HC250, IO Extender, C4 HDMI Matrices, C4 Triad 8×8 and 24×24 Preamps, C4 Triad Amps, C4 Lighting, C4 Touchscreens, Denon AVRs, Sonos Connects, Shade/Surveillance/Lighting system from all major manufacturers (i.e., Lutron, Somfy, HIKVision), Apple TV/Roku/Amazon fire integration from 3rd party equipment manufacturers, Alexa Integration, 3rd party driver apps from Driver Stores such as Blackwire Design, Driver Central, etc
12. Must be able to design intuitive user interfaces with a relentless eye for most efficient key strokes, most intuitive nomenclature, competing interfaces (i.e., iPad, iPhone, TV OSD), etc.
13. Must be able to interact directly with customers and work independently
14. Advanced experience with all aspects of Residential Data Networks including: the difference between Fiber, DSL and Cable, how to setup whole-house wireless networks, all the possible ways to stream content, trouble-shooting networked components, etc.
15. Must be able to lead larger projects and coach other part-time installers on smaller projects
Other skills/experiences that are not required but would be welcomed include:
1. Experience in Designing/Installing Security Systems
2. Experience in Designing/Installing Phone/Intercom Systems
3. Experience in Designing/Programming Lighting Systems such as Radio RA2 or Homeworks
4. Experience in Designing/Installing Commercial Systems (i.e. PA Systems, 70V Audio Systems, etc.)
5. Experience in setting up, configuring and programming RTI Control systems
This is an hourly position ($35/hr) with a minimum of 30hrs scheduled per week (actual hours paid determined by time clock). Time and a half will be paid over 8 hours a day, over 40 hours a week or during any Holidays where work is scheduled. For each week where 40+ hours have been worked, 1.8 hours of vacation will be earned. Vacation hours can be accrued up for up to two years from initial hire date at which point they will max out and no longer accrue. Use of vacation hours must be approved by President/CEO prior to being taken. Pay days are on the 20th and 5th of each month for hourly employees. Mileage is reimbursed at 58 cents per mile (when not driving company van). A company credit card is provided for job expenses. Technospeak is open Tuesday to Saturday of each week. Company Holidays where time and half would be paid for any scheduled jobs are as follows:
• New Years Day — 1/1/19
• Independence Day — 7/4/19
• Thanksgiving Day — 11/28/19
• Christmas Day — 12/25/19
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE SEND US A RESUME ALONG WITH PICTURES OF THE TOP 3 INSTALLS YOU ARE MOST PROUD OF AS WELL AS THE TOP 3 PROGRAMMING JOBS YOU ARE MOST PROUD OF. WE WILL NEED BOTH THE RESUME AND SAMPLES OF YOUR INSTALL AND PROGRAMMING WORK TO CONSIDER YOU.
Employment will be probationary for first 90 days prior to official hire so we can judge your performance in the field.
Our office is located in Inglewood, CA (just off the 405 freeway), and the majority of our project work is in the Westside and West Valley. We will take projects however from Calabasas, to Yorba Linda to Coto De Caza, so we cover a large area. Thanks for considering us!