CEDIA is currently expanding our Industry Engagement Department and have an immediate need for a Senior Director of Sales, Sponsorships and Partnerships.
This position is responsible for finding, developing and maintaining relationships with manufacturers in order to facilitate the achievement of current and long-term sales profit and revenue plans and requires a strategic vision the long-term positioning of CEDIA’s industry relationships. This position performs duties inclusive of negotiation, and external and internal communication for the purpose of ensuring that all opportunities to drive sales volume are capitalized on. Acts as the company expert in this area and advises senior leadership on topics relating to same.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identification of companies that would benefit from sponsorship opportunities with CEDIA at CEDIA or Industry sponsored events.
- Requires in-depth understanding of targeted customers in order to develop appropriately designed packages and sponsorships
- Development of persuasive sales presentations and proposals for sponsorship targets. Use of other means to persuade manufacturers to sponsor events or pay for advertising in CEDIA publications.
- Leads the organizational sales effort and oversees the teams responsible for performing this function with the organization, both through direct reports and other members of the CEDIA team involved in customer/manufacturer outreach.
- Facilitate strong partnerships across functions to collaborate on solutions which help remove roadblocks/barriers to sales execution and improve results
- Responsible for managing account and contact data through the entire sales lifecycle process using CRM (Salesforce.com); ensure that the sales team provides detailed account profiles and prepares sales and activity reports as required.
- Serving as a business representative at major industry events, conferences, trade shows, and expositions
- Oversees and verifies reporting of sales and marketing activities, determines appropriate reporting frequency, such as weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
Directly supervises the Director of Sponsorships and Partnerships. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Duties include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree required. Six years of industry experience in a business development or sales role, with a proven track record in conversion of opportunities. Must have experience in sales team oversight.
- Communication Skills: Must be a very competent writer of business letters, quotations and proposals. Able to communicate and motivate via written media, phone or in person. Must have the ability to utilize persuasive communication techniques. Must be able to motivate members of their team through their communication style.
- Planning & Organizing: Planning & Organizing: Assigns priorities to multiple competing and important activities quickly and effectively. Is always planful and prepared, anticipates the impact of industry trends, and develops strategic plans in the best interest of the company.
- Mathematical Skills: Able to understand profit and loss calculations and basic business finance.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists and then present straightforward solutions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CEDIA offers a competitive benefits package to include: Health, Dental, Life Insurance, STD, LTD, paid holidays, PTO, 401K, smart casual dress policy and a creative, innovative work environment.