ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Proficient in the safe use of hand and power tools.
- Ability to tone and terminate cable.
- Perform installation tasks in a timely and quality conscious manner.
- Pulling cable, installing connectors, projector mounting/hanging (ceiling mounts) and metal fabrication.
- Ability to read and interpret electronic schematics and architectural blueprints.
- Proficiency in mechanical fabrication and equipment rack wiring.
- Perform field installation of control programs
- Ability to diagnose complex system problems.
- Possess programming capability - changes and troubleshooting.
- Ability to manage small to medium projects.
- Ability to close out projects
- Provide client with overview and demonstrate the use of their system
- Demonstrate job site leadership.
- Ability to test integrated system.
- Proficiency with test and calibration equipment.
- Act as customer liaison in absence of Project Manager.
- Responsible for job documentation as needed.
- Ability to travel and work at various job sites throughout Long Island.
- Deliver equipment with associated responsibilities.
- Provide positive and effective interaction with internal and external customers.
- Mentor less experienced technicians.
- Maintain minimal 85% of reported/coded time to specific jobs
- Other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Programming of Control4, Savant and Lutron REQUIRED
2 to 5 years in a Lead Technician Position
- Complete verifiable work history
- Ability to think and work independently and meet necessary deadlines.
- Effective interaction with customers and colleagues.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work overtime when necessary.
- Proficient in PC and iOS
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and be a safe driving record
- Ability to lift and move up to 75lbs Work at heights up to 30 feet via Ladders & Scaffold
The physical demands of this position are those that are necessary to meet the responsibilities and essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Eastern Long Island , NY location
Striving for excellence in everything we do, Home Technology Experts is committed to honoring these core values:
Character - Being honest and acting with integrity toward each other, our customers and ourselves.
Teamwork- Working together, through the good and the bad, toward a common goal, and being jointly responsible for exceeding customer expectations.
Knowledge - Continuously growing our business and technical expertise and sharing our knowledge for the benefit of others.
Responsibility - -Being accountable for getting the job done right and doing whatever it takes for the growth and success of our team and our customers.
Respect - Appreciating each person's value to the team and treating each other with courtesy and professionalism.