Joining our company means joining a team that provides cutting-edge professional solutions to meet the continuously evolving technological needs of our clients. You'll be working with an 'A-Team' of individuals who live, breath, and sweat AV on a daily basis!
We're looking for a Lead AV Technician who will report to the Director of Operations in our Farmingdale, NY office.
With the support of our AV design engineers, you’ll be leading the installation, integration, and commissioning of audio, video, and control-related equipment in commercial environments within the New York City and Long Island area. Under the guidance of the Director of Operations, you will work to ensure that the contracted scope of work is completed in a timely and professional manner. You'll be expected to maintain clear communication with the Director of Operations in regards to installation issues and varying client expectations.
- Handle, unpack, connect, and integrate commercial-grade AV equipment in a safe and professional manner.
- Configure, troubleshoot, and debug AV systems.
- Run low-voltage cables through multiple architectural conditions (walls, ceilings, conduit, etc.).
- Safely mount heavy equipment to a variety of different surfaces.
- Read and interpret signal flow diagrams and architectural drawings.
- Markup as-built drawings with any engineering changes made in the field.
- Fully test and commission AV systems at the completion of the install. Provide end-user training when necessary.
- Track field time on timesheets to document labor hours.
- Comply with company safety regulations and procedures.
- 3+ years of in-field AV experience
- OSHA Certified
- Experienced with Extron and Crestron equipment
- Experienced with Extron and Crestron control system programming
- Experienced in driving commercial vehicles in the NYC and Long Island area
- Comfortable with physical aspects of the job (lifting boxes, climbing ladders, carrying heavy equipment, etc).
- Clean driver’s license