The Audio Video/Field Installation Technician possesses a wide range of accomplishments in the corporate, educational and government sectors. The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 2-5 years of verifiable experience as a full-time Audio Video Technician with project management involvement in the field. This candidate will be proficient in cable terminating and soldering. Our installers are held to a high standard in regard to wire and rack management, thus experience in this arena is also mandatory. Familiarity with control systems is strongly preferred. Travel is required.
The Audio Video/Field Installation Technician will work with the Lead Technician to fulfill installation requirements from Post-Sales Design through implementation and onto Final System Commissioning. The technician will follow the guidance of the Lead Installation Tech and Project Manager to complete high level physical installation tasks with professionalism.
- Be part of a team providing AV installation service to various clients with an emphasis on quality and professionalism.
- The position is responsible for participating and completing multi-phase AV projects and tasks.
- The position is responsible for all field project requirements and providing a daily project update with hours worked and any job specific information that may affect the project's original completion requirements.
- This position is also responsible for all project documentation including markup drawings for as-built documentation, commissioning report and close out documentation.
- Required to complete assignments in a timely manner while working with other field technicians.
- Candidate must be able to provide daily field reports.
- Ability to work closely with General Contractors and various construction trades.
- Basic understanding of AV installation, construction techniques or structured cabling.
- Proficiency with hand/power tools, low voltage wiring, trim-out and installation of wall and ceiling mounts.
- Ability to run cable and solder, crimp and compress a vast array of AV interfaces and connectors.
- Comprehension of wiring schematics and architectural drawings.
- Experience with test equipment required for commissioning.
- Commitment to work under pressure with specified deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and the desire to work for a professional company.
- Willing and able to take courses and/or training for industry specific knowledge and certifications required by MCP.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Basic installation experience with Extron, Creston, Biamp or other residential and commercial manufacturers.
- Basic knowledge and experience physically installing: projection screens, display mounts, ceiling speakers, wired microphones and equipment racks.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment at all times.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- AVIXA (formerly InfoComm) CTS Certification preferred, completed within 1 year of employment at minimum.
- Candidate must pass a Drug Screen.
- Reliable transportation, a clean driving record, a valid driver's license and proof of insurance.
- Flexibility to travel or work overtime as necessary.
- Ability to lift heavy objects up to 50 lbs.
- Relevant work experience.